MLS Laser Therapy
Manage Pain, Reduce Inflammation & Restore Mobility
It has been, and always will be, MIPA’s mission to invest in the best technology and people in order to get you the greatest results possible. That is why we offer one of the latest Class IV Laser technologies on the market, the M6 MLS Laser by Cutting Edge Laser Technologies.
The FDA-cleared MLS Therapy Laser uses concentrated light energy to stimulate the body’s own healing process to minimize pain and inflammation and reduce recovery time so you can return to a pain-free life.
For many patients, the MLS Therapy Laser has a dramatic pain-relieving effect, allowing patients to feel significantly better with only a few treatments.
Neck & Back Injuries
Arthritis & Bursitis
Sprains & Strains
Work & Sports Injuries
Tennis & Golf Elbow
Frequently Asked Questions
Hidden, Do not delete
What are the benefits of MLS® Laser Therapy?
- Anti-Inflammatory: MLS® Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Analgesic: MLS® Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
- Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS® Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS® Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS® Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
- Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
- Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosinetriphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS® Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.